Friday, October 23, 2015

What A Beautiful Time Of Year !!!

What a fantastic time of year Fall is !!!

As the years go by it seems I appreciate the beauty around me more and more everyday. Not that I always didn`t before, but I think as you get older and your children leave the nest, you have more time to spend on different things. Its like opening up a door to a new phase of my life, but never closing the last one behind you. so you pretty much have two doors open all the time if you think about it.One welcoming the children and their families and special people in their lives, and the other door open to explore who you are and what you have become and how much more you have to offer to the world.
As you know I love creating and I love offering it to the people around me and then some.

This is my favorite time of year, I love decorating around the house for Fall. 
I am forever working in my shop on orders and new and exciting ideas for products. This week I`ve been concentrating on wonderful balsam fir and lavender sachets of different sizes and also materials.
I have a new set of sachets of fine quality linen with jute drawstring ties. These make great stocking stuffers, small gifts and even a great addition to a gift basket.

Here is the link for this set of three balsam fir sachets
https://www.etsy.com/listing/252812945/linen-drawstring-sachets-natural-balsam?ref=shop_home_active_7



I have also added some larger lavender sachets to the shop for sale, these hold over two ounces of freshly dried organic lavender buds scented with lavender essential oil. Tuck one of these under your pillow for sweet dreams, give one to someone special, great for gift basket fillers, stocking stuffers or a small special gift for that special teacher. I tuck these all around the house, the relaxing, calming scent is great,tuck behind pillows on the sofa too. Anywhere you want a delicate scent of lavender.
These are even useful in preventing moths from destroying wool in clothing and home goods.
Here is the link for these sachets
https://www.etsy.com/listing/253007477/lavender-sachet-4-x-6-linen-drawstring?ref=shop_home_active_2



Here are a few pictures of my Fall decorations around the house.
 My try at decorating a Fall basket with some of my favorite flowers! Not too shabby!
 A scarecrow on a bench my brother-in-law made with his pumpkin.
 A gorgeous Fall wreath and garland along my stone fireplace in the living room.


And last but not least, a vintage dough bowl in my kitchen filled with dried orange mini pumpkins, pinecones and acorns from the yard scented with pumpkin pie scented oil. And the wooden rooster was a Salvation Army find just waiting for me (in mint condition too).

Finally I`d like to take a moment to remember a very special woman in my life. My mother-in-law passed away at the age of 94 last weekend after a terrible bout with pneumonia. She will be dearly missed. She reinforced my love of flowers, butterflies and all things of beauty. She loved her gardens and spent most of her time tending to them. Her gardens took up most of her yard at her home and were more then worthy of a magazine presentation. she loved many things such as quilting and sewing also, just to name a few. I will always cherish the wonderful memories I have of her, spending time with her and also all the photographs I have of my many visits to her outstanding gardens. You will be missed, but loved forever...

That is all for now,



No comments:

Post a Comment