Saturday, August 31, 2013

Back To Campus

Tuesday was move in day for everyone but freshmen at Brandeis University. Nick`s classes started on Thursday. It didn`t seem as stressful getting Nick ready to go this year. The first year is always the hardest. He`s into iced coffee, sports drinks and energy bars, so getting the food end of things together was easy.
He has himself a single room this year, if you put in for one early enough you usually have a better chance of getting one. 
Its hard saying good bye any time to your side kick. Nick is my sunshine, and he is definitely a shining star. He has a bright future ahead of him. 
He works continually on math. It seems if I`m looking for him,I will find him in the mist of a calculus book usually when he`s at home here.
This year we set up google hangout to keep in touch while he`s at school, its like Skype but more fun to use. Its like having him back in the same room and vice a versa. So we keep in touch every day.My problem is when he starts talking about a calculus problem to me, I listen intently,(but seriously I have no clue), I took algebra in high school and thats as far as my math skills go.
Anyways I took some pictures of Nick and his room to share. So following are the pics.




On the end of the room that you don`t see is his bed, refrigerator and the windows next to his bed. Quite a large space,with plenty of room.
He`s extremely happy to have a single room of his own, as I`m sure you can tell by the smile on his face. And if you don`t know Nick, while he`s very academic and studious.
He`s taken up weigh training over the summer and he`s following through at the school by going to the gym and weight room to work out while on campus.
I miss him, I especially miss our walks every day, we had reached walking 2 1/2 miles a day. We were walking right in Voluntown on a field owned by the town for soccer with a gravel pathway running around the perimeter of the field. But when he`s home on weekends we`ll resume our walks.
Anyways that`s all for now, I`m very proud of him and miss him dearly when he`s gone. but he knows, he will always have a home here as long as he likes. We are very close, so I know we will always be.
JoAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment