Saturday, June 16, 2012

Congratulations Nick !!!

Congratulations Nick !!!

Class Of 2012

Norwich Free Academy

Graduating with Highest Honors 
and
Summa Cum Laude

A letter to my son Nicholas;

Today as you graduate from high school, I wipe away secret tears. A mix of emotions, happiness and joy for all you`ve accomplished, sadness for how fast the years have passed, knowing that you will be leaving  our home to go away to college in the Fall.

How empty the house will be without you, but I know you will always be a phone call away and hopefully home many weekends. (with plenty of dirty laundry too)

It truly seemed like yesterday that I got the news of your impending arrival into my world almost 18 years ago. When I found out I was having you, your sister Julie was 16 years old, getting a job and her license. Talk about an interesting time in our lives. A bit stressful, but I wouldn`t change a thing. Any one who`s been pregnant with a child with a teenage daughter in the house, I`m sure can relate to what I`m saying.

I am so very, very proud of you ! You are a truly outstanding person. You have worked so hard to accomplish everything you set out to do so far in your life. Always striving for excellence and excelling in everything you have set out to do. 

There were so many times that no one would of known you were even in the house. Always studying, studying and studying some more.

You have always amazed me with your science, physics and mathematics knowledge. I would listen to you tell me things intently and not even have the foggiest idea what you were telling me about. All along awe struck by your massive intelligence and knowledge of things so vast.

I celebrate your intelligence and know that you are a very important part of the future of our world. I know that you will go on to do great and wonderful things in your future. The world could use more people like you in it. 


The things I will miss when you go away to college in the Fall;
I will miss that bright smile, that special hug and I will miss the kiss you would blow me when you left for school in the morning.

The things I will always miss;
How short childhood was
How little time you were my baby
and
How quickly you grew up
into the special young man you have become.

So today as you put high school behind you and look forward to college in the Fall,
I ask that you always remember,
Mom is your biggest fan !
Mom is always here
and never forget to come home!

Love, Mom


Nick receiving his diploma
(Closeup)
                                             


Nick with his grandmother


 Nick with Dad And Me


 All the Voluntown NFA Graduates
                                                        




No comments:

Post a Comment